Today, i went to my grandma's house with mum. I rarely followed my mum there as i was not that close to my grandma after i started the stage of adolescent. There was generation gap. I found it really hard to express my love and emotion for her after i had grown up.
I went there to talk and inform her about my plan to go for matriculation in perak. She was quite happy that i got it. I played with my aunts' daughter, elise and jolene to spend the time away. Afterward, i started to get bored and read twilight instead. After finished reading, i was so tired that i fall asleep on the long couch.
In my drowsiness, i could sense someone touching my hand. It was my grandma. She tried to slip an angpau into my hand without waking me up. However, i did awake. I thanked her tersely and went back to my nap.. Gee.. now when i flashed back, i kind of regret of rude manner. Sorry, grandma.. I was too sleepy.. Please forgave me.
When i went back home and had lunch, i was shocked to see there were 10 pieces of rm50. Oh my God, she gave me rm500. It was a chinese tradition for the elders to give the youngsters angpau as a sign of blessing when the kids wanted to be away from home, but.. wow.. this much she gave me. She was unemployed, she toiled days to days, sowing seeds and harvesting crops.. How could she be so kind, so selfless to gave me so much when she could barely have a good life.
Maybe she did loved me.. i felt so guilty for taking thing for granted.. Sorry, grandma.. i really did not know how to repay you. I sweared to you earnest and solemnly that i would work hard to strive for the best. i would become a great doctor one day. Trust me, i would not let you down. You would be one of the reasons for me to be a better person from now on. For you, i would never give up. I would take good care of myself and bring glory to our family. Thanks, grandma. Thanks for your blessing and undying love for me.
4.05pm
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment